Azure Field Face Mask
100% thick quilter's cotton face mask
- 3 layers of thick quilter's cotton allover
- extra cotton 2 layer pad in center, for a total of 5 layers of fabric in the nose and mouth area, + pleats
- drawstring tunnels at sides of mask cinch up for custom fit
- vertical darts at nose and chin give rounded shape for comfort fit to the face
- highly breathable, yet highly protective
- no filters inside means no risk of fiberglass contamination to your lungs (other masks made in home studios contain filters from AC's, etc. that may have harmful materials) This mask is 100% cotton fabric only.
- durable through repeated washings and dryings
- 3 available sizes, L,M, and S (large fits men well, even has room for a beard, medium is good for women with smaller, more angular faces, and S is for children ages 2-8. For children 9 and older, a size M works well)
- the fabric has been pre-washed, pre-shrunk, it will not shrink further. It is soft and comfortable on the face
To clean and disinfect:
- machine wash and tumble dry
- can also boil in boiling water on the stovetop to disinfect more thoroughly if you have been in contact with COVID-19 patients
- This DOES NOT replace social distancing, it is meant for running necessary errands in public
Why aren't the straps elastic?
- the virus likes to live on synthetic fibers like spandex and elastic. That's why this mask is only 100% cotton natural fiber
- elastic breaks down quickly in the washing machine and dryer. These 100% cotton straps will last and last through repeated washings
Why is it $13.99?
- this mask is made in America, in an artist's home studio
- each piece is hand sewn by the designer, she is only making minimum wage on this
- Rachel Walters Collection does not believe in exploiting garment factory workers who labor for cents on the dollar in vulnerable, impoverished countries
- unlike disposable surgical masks that you throw away after each use, this mask is built to last and last through many repeated washings. It is constructed with quality in mind through every stitch, like your favorite pair of jeans that get better with washing over time.
What is the current turnaround time?
- 4-5 business days from receipt of order until posted in the mail via USPS
- we are experiencing high order volumes and have made hundreds of masks, handsewn by 1 person, so please be a little patient, we thank you!
What are other customers saying about this product?
- It's fly
- It fits perfectly, it's so well made, thank you so much!
- I feel completely covered, as opposed to the blue elastic ones I was using before I got this one, and those are NOT reusable!